Scoped List

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
omni

Re: Scoped List

#11 Post by omni »

One last question.

do you think there is an adjustment that could be made to allow multiple letters. In their file of 1000+ items many have the same first letter or two, then it changes. If not done easily, then I will just tell him thats the best we can do..You have done great and I really appreciate it

It is only for one of his customers.

Thanks so much.

Fred

rdonnay
Site Admin

#12 Post by rdonnay »

allow multiple letters
I don't understand your question.
Are you saying that you don't want the dropdown until 2 letters have been entered?
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

omni

#13 Post by omni »

In their dreamworld they want to be able to keep entering letters and let it search. So they enter one letter and it shows all results for T (as an example) then they want to add an H to bring up all the ones starting in TH.
Last week on my obviously bad method that could be done by going back to the entry point and the T would be there and add the H but had to do it carefully (users would not be able to make it work easily). I was thinking the only way to do it would be to make the delay longer to find the matches, or make them hit enter or something..not sure its really feasible. If you think its a pain in the you know what or cannot be done, I have no issue with that..

Thanks again.

Wolfgang Ciriack

#14 Post by Wolfgang Ciriack »

Hello,
perhaps you can adapt the attached BrowseArrSearch for your needs.
Attachments
BrowseArrSearch.zip
(3.9 KiB) Downloaded 656 times

rdonnay
Site Admin

#15 Post by rdonnay »

able to keep entering letters and let it search
That will take a major redesign. I'm very busy this time of year. I don't know if I can help you now.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Tom

#16 Post by Tom »

I built a custom handler to do something like that. Maybe I can extract a sample on monday.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

omni

#17 Post by omni »

Thanks Tom..That was what I was going to suggest as a better option to the user. I have not done one exactly like that, but similar and it is much easier when you have anywhere from 2 to 50 selections to make. I did your test easily for 3 selections and it works fine. On mine they are flagged in red once selected as the user can go back and update (but I do not have the autosearch), so the ones selected previously are in red and can be deselected.

Fred