Soap Envelopes

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
omni

Soap Envelopes

#1 Post by omni »

Hi,

Has anybody used Soap envelopes to connect to a web site to exchange information. We have used different methods,such as XML, but never Soap. Do not know how different it is, or if I need to get a third party software to use it properly.

thanks for any suggestions.

Fred
Omni

Tom

Re: Soap Envelopes

#2 Post by Tom »

Hi, Fred.

Take a look at the samples in ..\Samples\Soap. You may try the SOAPTEST.PRG to get an idea. If you want to know more about SOAP communication, I recommend to install the freeware "SOAPUI":

http://www.eviware.com/Download-SoapUI/ ... lease.html

This software shows and retrieves everything you need to know about SOAP, WSDL and stuff like this. It creates the requests for you, so you can use them with your software (if you have Xb2.NET).
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

rdonnay
Site Admin

#3 Post by rdonnay »

You will need Xb2.Net to handle your soap communication.

If you are communicating with a third-party web service, then you will need another tool to test the service.
You can use soapUI, as recommended by Tom. This is especially helpful if the webservice supports a WSDL.

You can also play around with \exp19\samples\soap\soaptest.prg.

I had thought about writing a WSDL interface to add to soaptest.prg, but it was too much work.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

omni

#4 Post by omni »

Thanks,

I found the SOAP info in my xb2net manual. I have been using xb2net for years, but not SOAP. I am working my way thru it and hopefully will have it working soon. The web service gave me the users login connection not the Soap server, so I am on hold right now.

Thanks much

Fred