RMChart files

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Andy Edward

RMChart files

#1 Post by Andy Edward »

Hi,

In this pdf http://donnay-software.com/ds/Articles/ ... mchart.Pdf, it mentioned that I can get source code and sample programs of RMChart from http://rmchart.softpile.com. But I don't see anything on that page.

Is there another way I still can get the RMChart's source code and programs?

Best Regards,

Andy

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: RMChart files

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Is there another way I still can get the RMChart's source code and programs?
It is not a supported product anymore.
I don't know how to get the source code.
Why are you wanting this?
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Andy Edward

#3 Post by Andy Edward »

rdonnay wrote: It is not a supported product anymore.
I don't know how to get the source code.
Why are you wanting this?
I want to create charts natively (as in Xbase++ or in Express++). That's too bad that it's not supported anymore.

Is there any other solution to create charts easily for Xbase++?

I've been using http://www.highcharts.com to do the charts, but it requires the my application to generate the html first before DCHTMLVIEWER can show it.

Best Regards,

Andy

Cliff Wiernik

#4 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

You can still use it for development. Roger has and continues to use it for products. You can download the installable version from other locations. I just downloaded the other day. You just install it. No source code needed.

Andy Edward

#5 Post by Andy Edward »

Cliff Wiernik wrote:You can still use it for development. Roger has and continues to use it for products. You can download the installable version from other locations. I just downloaded the other day. You just install it. No source code needed.
Hi Cliff,

May I know the url from where you downloaded it?

Thank you in advance,

Andy

Auge_Ohr

#6 Post by Auge_Ohr »

Andy Edward wrote:May I know the url from where you downloaded it?
did you have try Google ... "download rmchart 4.12" ;)
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

rdonnay
Site Admin

#7 Post by rdonnay »

Is there any other solution to create charts easily for Xbase++?
Did you look at the samples in \exp20\samples\rmchart?
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

#8 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

Andy!

I tried RmChart and I all turned out very nicely. I would still give it up and use standard tools of graphics Alaska and that gave Roger. The reason for this is very simple. The fact is that I often have to run their applications on computers that are administered because (they are security policies) that ActiveX is not installed. Without this RmChart not working. It turns out that I often just can not use it. For you, I posted RmChart and what to do with his impurity current on its website: http://lc.kubagro.ru/Dima/Rmchart.rar

* -------------------------

This is a small guide to the administrator to install RmChart, I wrote. Then it turned out that the administrators do not always do it, and I refused to do this on.

To install the ActiveX need to perform as an administrator:

c:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe X:\myActiveX.OCX

c:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe RMChart.ocx

This is due to security policies. It is necessary to contact the sysadmin. If the system is installed with all the rights, then everything works fine. The classrooms in the profile of students, it looks like you.

To install the ActiveX need to perform as an administrator:
c:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe RMChart.ocx

But the system is what makes Eidos mode 1.10
Maybe you have a different path on Windows?

Removed specify a specific path to regsvr32.exe. On it, and so the path must be registered. If it was the case, then it works. The new version is now here: http://ftp.narod.ru/Downloads.exe, because my site for some reason is not available.

regsvr32.exe RMChart.ocx

I found a way to solve this problem with his car. It turns out it was necessary to Control Panel - User Accounts and Family Safety - User Accounts - Change the UAC slider to convert from a position of "default ..." to "never notify ...". And to make the restart.

Available only sysadmin. Sets the ActiveX: RMChart.ocx, necessary for professional graphics work under MS Windows 7 and above. If the error message is necessary in the <Control Panel - User Accounts and Family Safety - User Accounts - Change User Account Control Settings> translate the slider all the way down to "Never notify ..." and restart your computer

Andy Edward

#9 Post by Andy Edward »

Auge_Ohr wrote:
Andy Edward wrote:May I know the url from where you downloaded it?
did you have try Google ... "download rmchart 4.12" ;)
Yes, Jimmy. That's the first thing I tried. But looking at the results, they were from either freeware sites or unfamiliar sites to me. I don't really trust files downloaded from those sites (better safe than sorry). So I was hoping to find someone who can point me to a legit file.
rdonnay wrote:Did you look at the samples in \exp20\samples\rmchart?
Roger, what I have is exp19 build 260, and when I compiled and try to run one of the sample in samples/rmchart, It says it can't find the RMChart.ocx.
Should I get the exp20 from you to get a better understanding of it?
Eugene Lutsenko wrote:Andy!

I tried RmChart and I all turned out very nicely. I would still give it up and use standard tools of graphics Alaska and that gave Roger. The reason for this is very simple. The fact is that I often have to run their applications on computers that are administered because (they are security policies) that ActiveX is not installed. Without this RmChart not working. It turns out that I often just can not use it. For you, I posted RmChart and what to do with his impurity current on its website: http://lc.kubagro.ru/Dima/Rmchart.rar
Eugene, thank you for this. I'll look into this on Monday when I'm back in the office.

c-tec

#10 Post by c-tec »

Hello,
for my webinterface I use chart.googleapis.com because internet is always available at my customers and nothing to link or install. See attached screenshot for example, you only have to post a string with the data and parameters, then you get back the image. Have not tried with loadfromurl(), but should work.
regards
Rudolf
Attachments
jqm_statistic.jpg
jqm_statistic.jpg (67.7 KiB) Viewed 13338 times
Rudolf Reinthaler
digital pen & paper systems
http://www.formcommander.net