Employee Scheduling

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
RDalzell

Employee Scheduling

#1 Post by RDalzell »

I would like to develop an employee scheduling application and uncertain if xBase/eXpress and/or an ActiveX like XCodeJock will provide the necessary stuff for an easy user operation.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

TWolfe

Re: Employee Scheduling

#2 Post by TWolfe »

Hi Rick,

What features are you unsure about?

Terry

rdonnay
Site Admin

#3 Post by rdonnay »

There was a time that I thought XCodeJock was a necessary addon to eXpress++ but not anymore.

You can create apps that look or perform any way you want now with eXpress++ and Xbase++.

Is it a certain look you are going for or a certain functionality?
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

RDalzell

#4 Post by RDalzell »

The ability to define a day off schedule (6 on 3 off, 5 on 2 off) and a day off key - this is pretty straight forward.

Graphically display the period schedule (28 day or monthly) and copy / paste multiple cells (work day) from/to another employee or multiple employees as you can within an excel spreadsheet.

I look at the DCBROWSE and imagine each column representing an individual day, how to select/copy multiple columns within one row then paste them into another row.

c-tec

#5 Post by c-tec »

Hello,
I made some calendar applications with eXpress++, no problem to do all things you need, especially with ownerdrawn. The only big problem is that you cannot define rows with different heigth. So you have to design the browser rows regarding the column with the most lines of text. And images are shown in the browser are displayed in a very bad quality. So I think XJodeJock could be a better option.
regards
Rudolf
Rudolf Reinthaler
digital pen & paper systems
http://www.formcommander.net

skiman

#6 Post by skiman »

Hi,

I'm using the Codejock Calendar for years now. Since a few months I also integrated the Report Control into my application.

The main advantage is that you get an object with a lot of possibilities already build in. So you really get a fast start, and a nice result after some hours of work. However, then the work really starts, to 'tweak' everything the way you want.

The documentation isn't very clear, so you really have to search in samples or on the forum. If you encounter things you don't like, there will be probably no way to change the functionality.

For the report control I spend about three weeks to have it fully integrated in my application. Every user loves the new possibilities it offers. I don't think I would have been so far if I started this without the activeX object.

Otherwise if you see the work of Tom with dcbrowse, it is also very impressive. I saw his shedule he created, and it was looking very nice. The advantage he has it that he can change everything if needed, because he has the source code of the dcbrowse class and is working with sub-classes.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be