How to develop reports on the Web with CXP and Express

This forum is for conversations about Internet development using CXP, WebSockets, HttpEndPoint, etc.
Diego Euri Almanzar

Re: How to develop reports on the Web with CXP and Express

#11 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Hello!

I confirm and reiterate, that I can use DCPRINT ON in CXP. Either from a function in the part
Code locality="page-global", or as a function included in a DLL helper. My purpose for insisting on using DCPRINT ON, is to save all the reports I have created in my desktop application, to migrate them to the reports of my new Web system. Obviously, in what I have achieved, there is no prior impression. I get a PDF in combination with Microsoft Print to PDF.

If someone needs more details, how I managed to integrate DCPRINT ON to the CXP format, I can attach an example this way. The inconvenience that I now have is that the PDF that I obtain, I have not been able to present it in a browser through a CXP application. When I use an HTML, the browser renders the PDF. But, it does not present it, when it is already a CXP application.

According to what I was investigating, the problem is not exclusive to CXP, it is a general problem, since browsers block the options to present PDF. I have been reading about it for several days, and I notice that most developers, in different languages, recommend the library PDFJS from Mozilla. I installed the PDFJS library, and it has been very difficult for me to configure it.

Have any of you had experience using the PDFJS library, or any other tool that allows you to view a PDF in the Web browser?

Best regards.