What Java library or dll can be used to develop a WEB GUI in Xbase++?

Xbase++ 2.0 Build 554 or later
rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: What Java library or dll can be used to develop a WEB GUI in Xbase++?

#11 Post by rdonnay »

Roger try to do this with DCREAD HTML
I haven't thought about that for years.
I wrote that before there was Javascript.
It was an ineffective attempt to try to build stateless systems using a command syntax similar to Gui (stateful) commands.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

unixkd

#12 Post by unixkd »

Hi Diego

Code: Select all

What did Roger do with RMChart and Codejock, did he adapt it to HTML or to the Express library? 
I know whatever Roger has done, as RMCART I would like to meet him.
Roger Adapted RmChart and Codejock for use with EXPRESS++ Desktop applications in a very convenient and easy way NOT for web developments. Roger is an exceptionally talented programmer that always think DEEP while bringing out ideas. His ideas are akin to creating foundation upon which you can build other great ideas.

Joe

Diego Euri Almanzar

#13 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Hi Piotr, Joe, Chris, Roger,

thank you for your excellent collaboration.

In my desperation to find a GUI for some web applications, I was looking into buying BOA, thanks to Joe's recommendations. In the end, do not buy BOA, because I found a much cheaper solution. The solution I found was PowerWeb library, from the company SD-SoftDesign, from Serbia, which like EXPRESS++, is a partner of Alaska Software. I understand that BOA is more robust, but I didn't have almost 800 euros, since I recently bought the latest version of Alaska Xbase++, and the latest version of EXPRESS++

PowerWeb promises me the following:

"PowerWeb functions represent object abstractions of HTML elements. The functions are HTML helpers that create HTML code. They encapsulate the most of the properties and events of HTML elements, that are defined as function arguments. The functions are generalized and automated and create the entire HTML elements logic. You don't need to know HTML programming, elements, methods, properties and events. Instead, use PowerWeb functions as building blocks to create fast and efficient HTML programs with a minimum number of code lines and that use the minimum amount of memory resources. All HTML elements created by PowerWeb functions are fully configurable. Their positions, sizes, fonts, colors, types, aligns and other attributes can be defined by the user. The configuration parameters can be specified at the global level or in each function. PowerWeb functions implement AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) technology that allows clients to asynchronously send requests and receive server responses. In that way, clients can retrieve data and dynamically update parts of a web page without reloading the whole page. For data transfer AJAX technology can use JSON, XML and HTML form formats".

So wish me luck, folks.

As for Roger, I follow him since the first version of his library, I know he is a genius, and the library
EXPRESS++ has helped me a lot. I take this opportunity to ask, for EXPRESS++ to work with RMCART, do you need to install an OCX or activate X?

rdonnay
Site Admin

#14 Post by rdonnay »

RMCHART, do you need to install an OCX or activate X?
Here is a setup program for RmChart:

http://bb.donnay-software.com/ds/rmchartsetup.exe
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Tom

#15 Post by Tom »

Hi, Diego.
The solution I found was PowerWeb library, from the company SD-SoftDesign, from Serbia, which like EXPRESS++, is a partner of Alaska Software.
I'm very interested in seeing the results you get with this. I just took a look at the website of SD-SoftDesign, which seems to be designed in the late ninties. 8) But if this fulfills your needs - why not?

I'd like to see how BOA works in detail. Chris, what about a kind of online session about that? Didn't you talk to the guys from the german forum about showing BOA there?
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

skiman

#16 Post by skiman »

Hi,

I'm also interested to see some screens made with Powerweb. I downloaded the demo version and saw there are folders for WAA, one with cxp pages and one with PRG files. In the PRG files I see a specific syntax to build the html. It looks to me as this won't be responsive.

@Tom, yes I proposed two years ago to show BOA at one of their meetings. I had a presentation for the Dutch users group in 2019, which was attended by Steffen. A lot of people is interested, but it looks as the price of 795 euro is too much for a lot of developers. The development cost was more than 50K, so it looks a fair price to me. With BOA the development of an online application is rather easy. Building the API is a task which can be done in Xbase++ for 100%. Every language that can provide a rest-API, can use BOA.

If there is interest for it, I can organize a webinar. Otherwise it is also possible to have a one-to-one online session with Teams.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Tom

#17 Post by Tom »

Hi, Chris.

That's an idea. I opened a thread in the german forum. https://www.xbaseforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12266
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."

skiman

#18 Post by skiman »

Hi Tom,

I'm from Belgium and I'm not that old. :D

Thanks for posting it.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Tom

#19 Post by Tom »

Oops. Corrected. Sorry.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."

Diego Euri Almanzar

#20 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Hello, Tom

I had the DEMO for 3 months, and a week ago I bought the original version.

It has given me good results. They have several routes. One with CXP, one with WAA, and one of its own called PowerCom/PowerWeb

With PowerCom/PowerWeb you don't have to use Apache, nor any CSS. PowerCom replaces Apache, and PowerWeb is the GUI. CXP and WAA are very cumbersome and difficult to configure. I bought PowerCom/PowerWeb because there is nothing to configure, everything is automatic, it's great, for a beginner like me.

I am sending you an example of the source program, so that you can see that it is very simple. Sure, with a tool like Express, it would have been easier, but we'll keep waiting. Meanwhile, I will use PowerCom/PowerWeb

#include "Power.ch"
#include "Pwreg.ch"

PROCEDURE Main
SETCFG(pwReg,"EN")

HTTPCTR(,1024,"C:\APPWEB",,"localhost:2054/APPWEB/MYAPPWEB.htm")
QUIT
RETURN

*============================================================================*

FUNCTION MYAPPWEB(oSrv)
//
SETCFG(pwReg,"EN")

RETURN HAPAGEBGN({"files/style.css","files/powerweb.css"},;
{"files/powerweb.js"},,,"PowerWeb Library Demo") +;
HDIVBGN(,{,115},{,{,clrPBlue},{,,20}}) +;
'<P STYLE="margin-left:20px; font-size:30pt; font-weight:bold; ' +;
'color:#9B0080">PowerWeb Library Demo</P>' + chrCRLF +;
HMENU({20,15,"R"},{700},;
{{"Input","PwInp"},;
{"Form","PwForm"},;
{"Tool bar","PwTBar"},;
{"Tab set","PwTSet"},;
{"Frame set","PwFSet"},;
{"Table","PwTbl"},;
{"Browser",,,;
{{"Generic browser","PwBrwg"},;
{"Paging browser","PwBrwp"},;
{"Paging edit browser","PwBrwpe"}},{150}},;
{"Cars application","Cars"}}) +;
HDIVEND() +;
HDIVBGN({,200,"R"},{,40},{,{"darkcyan","palegoldenrod"},{,,10}},,;
"line-height:40px; text-align:center") +;
"<H3>Copyright &copy; 2020, SD-SoftDesign, Negotin, Serbia</H3>" + chrCRLF +;
HDIVEND() + HAPAGEEND()

FUNCTION PwTbl(oSrv)
LOCAL aData[0],html,;
aCols := {{,"Id",,,"R"},;
{,"Company"},;
{,"Contact"},;
{,"Phone"}}
SETCFG(pwReg,"EN")

SET PATH TO (HAPATH(oSrv) + "data")
DBOPEN("FOXCDX",{{{"supplier"},{"supplier","id"}}},,,.T.)
DBEVAL({|| AADD(aData, {supplier_i,company_na,contact_na,phone})})
html = HAPAGEBGN({"files/powerweb.css"},{"files/powerweb.js"},,,"Table Demo") +;
"<H1>Table Demo</H1>" + chrCRLF +;
HTABLE({10,,"R"},aData,aCols,,"Suppliers",,,,,,.T.) +;
HAPAGEEND()
CLOSE
RETURN html