What Java library or dll can be used to develop a WEB GUI in Xbase++?

Xbase++ 2.0 Build 554 or later
Diego Euri Almanzar

What Java library or dll can be used to develop a WEB GUI in Xbase++?

#1 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

It's been a year since I bought the new version of Alaska Xbase++, hoping that CXP technology would help me to do some work, or applications, that would run in a web browser. Well, like the WAA, I don't understand the CXP either. A language as robust as Xbase++ is supposed to imagine that launching a rocket to the moon is not the only thing we want. We want something for the users of our programs, an interface so that the user can write their data, or manipulate it. That is, we need a GUI (buttons, browse, listbox, data capture or GET, etc.). Which GUI can be used with WAA or CXP? I think none.

Given these concerns, RDONNAY did me the favor of answering the following, in August of last year:

CX\P is a very good back end language, but it is the nature of stateless systems to be very bad at managing user visual controls due to the statefulness that is required. There are Javascript libraries that can help you build your web solutions in the way that you require.

So, my new question is the following: What Java library or dll can be used to develop a WEB GUI in Xbase++?

Best regards.

skiman

Re: What Java library or dll can be used to develop a WEB GUI in Xbase++?

#2 Post by skiman »

Hi,

I have been struggling with the same problem for years. With each system you need to have a good knowledge of web-programming.

As a solution to prevent this, we have build BOA, is't an application that connects to an API you can write in Xbase++. The BOA system is the front-end and all the menu's, grids, forms, ... are data driven by the API. This way you don't need to have any knowledge of web-programming.

You can find it here: https://boa-platform.com/

We have build our online version of our windows application with success, based on BOA. Now we have a hybrid solution, customers can still work with the windows version and at the same time they can also use the online version.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Piotr D

#3 Post by Piotr D »

Chris,
Something is wrong when login into demo version. After set user: en password: en01
i am getting an error:
"Http failure response for http://109.237.216.152:8880/v1.0/login: 0 Unknown Error"

The "URL or API server" box was empty.

Regards
Piotr

skiman

#4 Post by skiman »

Hi Piotr,

Strange, it is working when I try it.

The URL of API must stay empty for the demo.

I have also a demo on another server, maybe your IP is blocked.

http://eon.aboservice.be is the same demo. User 'en' and password 'en01'.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Piotr D

#5 Post by Piotr D »

Hi Chris,
thanks for your quick answer. You have right - it was blocked by my fortiGate

Regards
Piotr

unixkd

#6 Post by unixkd »

Hi

Just like other contributors had said on this post, there are no xbase parts for web UI in Xbase++. Roger try to do this with DCREAD HTML but not very straight forward. The BOA also is not that straight forward because we do not know of any samples to showcase how to do this without stress. And for me it is pricy.

In all of this, the webUI require knowledge of 1. HTML/CSS 2. JAVESCRIPT and Server Side apps such as CXP/PHP or Xb2.Net

Concerning your question, take a look at Webix www.webix.com. If people with high knowledge of Web development in this forum can adapt it to Xbase++ just like Roger did with RMChart and Codejock, that will be great.

Joe

Diego Euri Almanzar

#7 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Hello, Joe unixkd

Thank you for your collaboration.

What did Roger do with RMChart and Codejock, did he adapt it to HTML or to the Express library?

I know whatever Roger has done, as RMCART I would like to meet him.

Diego Euri Almanzar

#8 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Hello, Chris.

Thank you very much, I will start studying the BOA system.

Diego Euri Almanzar

#9 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Joe,

regarding Webix, you suggest me to ask, that is, you don't know if they have a solution for Xbase++?

skiman

#10 Post by skiman »

unixkd wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:42 pm Hi

Just like other contributors had said on this post, there are no xbase parts for web UI in Xbase++. Roger try to do this with DCREAD HTML but not very straight forward. The BOA also is not that straight forward because we do not know of any samples to showcase how to do this without stress. And for me it is pricy.

In all of this, the webUI require knowledge of 1. HTML/CSS 2. JAVESCRIPT and Server Side apps such as CXP/PHP or Xb2.Net

Concerning your question, take a look at Webix www.webix.com. If people with high knowledge of Web development in this forum can adapt it to Xbase++ just like Roger did with RMChart and Codejock, that will be great.

Joe
Hi Joe,

With BOA you only need to create a rest API. This API is answering on a request you get from BOA. This way you define the options you want in your menu, you can define the forms, grids, ... all with use of Xbase++. No HTML knowledge required.

You find it pricy, but you suggest webix which costs much more?

About webix, we are also using widgets from a library, jqwidgets, we integrated in BOA. The work is already done for BOA users. BOA itself is developed with Angular.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be