Will Express bring the Xbase ++ GUI to the web?

Xbase++ 2.0 Build 554 or later
Diego Euri Almanzar

Will Express bring the Xbase ++ GUI to the web?

#1 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Greetings,

Last July I bought the Xbase ++ 2.0 and Express 2.0 software, because I think it is the most robust that exists to develop on the desktop. However, I find it strange that Xbase ++ has lagged so far behind in web technology. The powerful Xbase ++ GUI is not on the web yet. That is, buttons, box combos, gets, says, browse, are not on the web yet. Therefore, I don't understand why Xbase promotes CXP so much, and WAA, if they don't work, they are irrelevant if they can't bring the dialog objects to the web. Can someone do me the favor of explaining how CXP helps, does CXP bring dialog objects to the web ?????
What is CXP good for if it doesn't have a GUI? I know I'm not on an Xbase ++ forum, but I posted it on an Xbase ++ forum and still no response. As the Espress library was the solution to the complex Xbase classes. Maybe in the future, it will also be the solution to upload the GUI to the web.

Thank you.

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: Will Express bring the Xbase ++ GUI to the web?

#2 Post by rdonnay »

CX\P is a very good back end language, but it is the nature of stateless systems to be very bad at managing user visual controls due to the statefulness that is required. There are Javascript libraries that can help you build your web solutions in the way that you require.

If I thought that there were any possible market for such an eXpress++ / Javascript solution I would be working on it but, alas, there is none.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Diego Euri Almanzar

Re: Will Express bring the Xbase ++ GUI to the web?

#3 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Thank you.