CDX Visual Foxpro compatibility - SWEFIN

Xbase++ 2.0 Build 554 or later
Victorio

CDX Visual Foxpro compatibility - SWEFIN

#1 Post by Victorio »

Hi,

After many many experiments I still have no solution for compatibility with Visual Foxpro.
(compatibility is neccessary because I will connect to other VFP information system)

First several facts :
I have DBF file with CDX, created with VFP 9. In it is TAG with collation and in header tag is "SLOVAK", so this is not supported with Xbase++

I can open DBF file with this CDX, can sort and search but not work with order by character fields, listing in browser do not work, only stay on same record and show on all rows same content.

After REINDEX by my Xbase application everything works fine, sorting, also search... but in CDX change "SLOVAK" to SWEFIN ??? Why ? , always SWEFIN, I can change collation to ASCI, SYSTEM, GERMAN, AMERICAN,,,, always SWEFIN. SWEFIN is some default settings ?

I read than 100% compatibility is only with ANSI mode, then I tryed SET CHARSET TO ANSI, and also SET CHARSET TO OEM.
nothing help.

Also I tryed create COLLAT_USER with out country sorting (Janko Thank's), but any effect.

It shows no problem with collation, but problem with CDX file and reading from it.

Thanks for any help !!!

Victorio

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: CDX Visual Foxpro compatibility - SWEFIN

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Which version of Xbase++ are you using?

If what you are saying is true, then Alaska's entire campaign towards bringing the VFP community to Xbase++ is in trouble.

Have you sent that email to Alaska tech support?
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Victorio

#3 Post by Victorio »

Xbase 2.0 build 554.
I sended email to alaska, but they wanted from me CID number for support. And no other answer from there.
Because I bought Xbase++ in december 2014, I have not valid (payed) support (more than 12 months..)

(I think about pay for support later , because I am "small" developer, and some other investment can be after pay for my actually application ;) )

I still think, that it is only some my internal problem, or problem with missing national support for Slovakia (collation tables and other). Also can be problem with system settings on PC, do not know.

Cliff Wiernik

#4 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

Alaska has been responsive with support questions. Current build is 685. However, we have also kept our subscription current.

Cliff

Victorio

#5 Post by Victorio »

Ok Cliff,
Is possible, that this problem will be in new version solved ?

what is different between limited and no limited support ?

Thanks ,

Cliff Wiernik

#6 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

I don't know the difference or if any problems have been fixed in the current version. You would have to contact Alaska.

Victorio

#7 Post by Victorio »

Hi,
I have still trouble with Visual Foxpro CDX compatibility. Today I analysed content of CDX file and do not understand, what is in it.
I have 2 indexes, first created with VFP 9 application, this not work with Xbase++ application.
And second same but only "reindex" with Xbase++ app, and after this in Xbase works.
In DBF are text field, where is names.
This names was readable in CDX created with Xbase, but not readable in VFP index.

What is different ? VFP use some encrypting of data in CDX ?
Can be this by settings of SET COLLATION
In indexes was used index key UPPER(LEFT(vla,30)), no any special functions.

I also examine both modes VFOXPRO and also FOXPRO2X, both names was readable. Only VFP9 CDX is not readable.

If problem is not in Xbase++, then must be some special mode in VFP application, where collation SLOVAL has some encryption. :think:
Attachments
CDX_XBASE.gif
CDX_XBASE.gif (37.2 KiB) Viewed 20281 times
CDX_VFP.gif
CDX_VFP.gif (30.35 KiB) Viewed 20281 times