2.0 project file

Xbase++ 2.0 Build 554 or later
omni

2.0 project file

#1 Post by omni »

Roger,

All our current project XPJ files include the \express\express.res and \express\dclipx.lib
For any programmer that means it does not matter what drive their system is mapped, it will always compile.
In 2.0 there is a message that ..\express\express.res cannot be found because it is linking to the subfolder of the working folder.
Is there a way to reference the link without actually copying these two files into a lot of different folders? For now we are adding a drive letter, but that will not work when everybody is using 2.0, which is planned for the next few weeks. An I know I could put it in the folder we are compiling from, but with different versions that does not work.

Thanks
Fred
Omni

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: 2.0 project file

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Your question is confusing.

Are you saying that Xbase++ 2.0 works differently in regard to .RES files?
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

omni

#3 Post by omni »

No, all our xpj files are as follows:
(EX for fredmenu.exe)

[PROJECT]
COMPILE = xpp
COMPILE_FLAGS = /q /p /b
DEBUG = yes
GUI = yes
LINKER = alink
LINK_FLAGS = /DE
RC_COMPILE = arc
RC_FLAGS = /v
FREDMENU.XPJ

[FREDMENU.XPJ]
FREDMENU.EXE

[FREDMENU.EXE]
FREDMENU.PRG
\EXPRESS\LIB\DCLIPX.LIB
\EXPRESS\LIB\EXPRESS.RES
//then the list of prg files

Can the xpj use the path like everything else, or is there another method. I think this was the method given to us initially way back too many years ago (1.6) , and its always worked with new versions until now.

Thx

rdonnay
Site Admin

#4 Post by rdonnay »

Have you tried this?

[FREDMENU.EXE]
FREDMENU.PRG
.\LIB\DCLIPX.LIB
.\LIB\EXPRESS.RES
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

omni

#5 Post by omni »

I think the difference is where we are typing in the pbuild command. we are in the working folder \test in my example. the ..lib will just look for it in the lib sub-folder of test. If we do not type in a folder and just use the file name, then the file is looked for in the \test folder. 1.9 and earlier look for the lib file in \express subfolder on the current drive, not the working sub-folder.
Not sure if there is a setting to override this (not to use subfolder) or if we need to make a change to where these files are for compiling. do not know a method to initialize the drive letter in an xpj file. (like curdrive())

Just trying to see if there are any alternatives, if not then i will go forward moving these two files and making the changes to all our xpj files, which was what we were trying to avoid.

Thanks

omni

#6 Post by omni »

Got it...tried different methods using your suggestion and it worked using ..\express\lib\dclipx.dll. The .. before the \express reverts to the drive.

thanks